There’s no better way to stay active than taking a hike. With beautiful and challenging trails all around the world, it’s no wonder so many people fall in love with hiking. From steep climbs to gorgeous views, these hikes will leave you breathless, both figuratively and literally.
Here are 10 hiking trails that you simply must experience:
1. The Inca Trail, Peru – This ancient trail spans over 26 miles and takes you through stunning Andean scenery towards the iconic Machu Picchu, which is a breathtaking sight to behold.
2. Zion Narrows, Utah – This popular hike takes you on a thrilling hike through a gorgeous canyon filled with hanging gardens, natural springs, and stunning waterfalls.
3. Everest Base Camp, Nepal – This 12-day hike is not for the faint of heart, but is considered by many to be the ultimate hiking challenge. The views of the Himalayas are beyond comprehension, making it all worth it.
4. Half Dome, California – This 14.2-mile round-trip hike can be strenuous, but the reward at the end is worth it. The views of Yosemite Valley from the top of Half Dome are truly awe-inspiring.
5. Great Wall of China, China – This 5-day hike is a peaceful and beautiful way to experience the magnificent Great Wall of China. Winding along the wall through mountains and valleys, you’ll be surrounded by unforgettable scenery.
6. Inca Trail to Choquequirao, Peru – This hike is a lesser-known alternative to the popular Inca Trail, but is not any less breathtaking. The path takes you through Andean mountain ranges to the Choquequirao citadel ruins.
7. Laugavegur Trail, Iceland – This 34-mile hike takes you through amazing landscapes in the rugged, volcanic terrain of Iceland. From active volcanic craters to vibrant green valleys, Laugavegur Trail has it all.
8. Fitz Roy Trek, Argentina – This 8-day hike takes you through the stunning landscapes of Argentine Patagonia. The view of Fitz Roy’s granite peak is worth the trek alone.
9. Kalalau Trail, Hawaii – This 22-mile round trip hike has it all when it comes to gorgeous Hawaii scenery – stunning cliffs, secluded beaches, lush valleys, and beautiful waterfalls.
10. The Milford Track, New Zealand – Dubbed the “finest walk in the world,” this 3-day hike takes you through some of the most beautiful landscapes of Fiordland National Park in New Zealand.
While these hikes may seem daunting, they are nothing short of life-changing experiences. Each trail has its unique characteristics and challenges, but they all share the same awe-inspiring beauty that can only be experienced through exploring nature. They will leave you feeling accomplished and inspired to take on even more challenges.